Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2015

#48 Starting a new life...

I'm getting out of ideas for  blog posts titles, but I thought that this one would match it pretty good.
So yeah, doing an exchange year is basically starting a new life. You have a new home, a new family, a new school, a new language, a new culture, new friends and last but not least new rules. Because when you go into a new family with a new culture, you have to learn that there are new rules too. Your life will be completely different and you will have to deal with the good sides and the bad sides. My life here is kind of a dream life. I have the best family I could wish for and I have so much fun that I can't think of somewhere else to spend my year. But of course there are also things that are different than in Germany and you can't live like you did when you were back there. You have to get used to rules that might are the complete difference than what you learned.
I think this is important to know because I know that it is hard for some of the exchange students to accept that. But anyways, the last week was busy like always and I had lots of fun. Unfortunately I forgot most of the things I did, but let me think of it.. Uh I remember :) On friday the older girls of us had a hunger games marathon.. Yes, we watched all three movies in a row and if you read the about me side on this blog, you will know that I absolutely LOVE the hunger games movies.
We finished them a little after midnight and I immediately went to bed because I was really tired..
On Saturday we couldn't sleep in because we had a work day in church and it actually should go from 9 am to 4 pm but we were done early so we left and discussed what we wanted to do instead. In the end we came up with the idea of grabbing coffee at the gas station, driving to town to look for halloween costumes and then going to the movies to watch Hotel Transylvania 2. I had soo much fun! I love the coffee from the gas station so much (its more like a type of cappuccino called pumpkin spice) and the movies was so funny. We all laughed a lot and just had a fun time.
On sunday we we didn't do much but on tuesday we went to Warsaw again and finally found a coatume for halloween. I am going to be a girls version of Robin Hood and I kind of made my costume up. I am going to wear a dress that I borrowed from one of my sisters and I bought a belt for my waist and a hood that looks like Robin Hood and I ordered a bow and arrow online.
We are going to have a halloween thing at the church that is called trunk-or-treat. That means that instead of going around houses the kids are going to the parking lot were many trucks are standing and we are giving them candy out of the trunks. After that is a halloween party for the youth group of the church and I am really excited for that.
So after I got everything for my costume, we went to eat at Panda Express and it is still my favourite fast food place in America.. I love the food so much, especially the orange chicken.
Also... Its's time for fall break guys! That means we don't have school tomorrow and on monday. I mean its only two days but I am still really excited and happy about that. So yeah, that was everything I wanted to talk with you about. I hope everything is going fine where ever you are.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen