Montag, 21. September 2015

#43 Weekend, SRI Test & more

I guess I will just keep writing in english because I don't feel like using German again.
Today is monday again and also the first day of home coming week. Todays theme is MERICA and I am wearing a shirt with the american flag but you can't see it because it is so chilly in school that I am wearing a sweater over it. But that doesn't matter because the majority of the students didn't dress up at all. I found out that everybody thinks the themes are stupid this year and I agree with that.
My weekend was as great as the ones before! I had a lot of fun and there was no time for boredome.
I forgot what we did on friday but on saturday we went to a "50 Years of Marriage" Party and after that we went to a little second hand bookstore which I really love and I bought four books.
In the evening we invited friends and we all hang out, watched Wall-E and played games such like charades. After our friends left we went to the room of one of my sisters and we began to do a 1000 pieces puzzle. It was a picture of crayons so it was really hard and I wasn't really helpful.
On Sunday we went to church like usually and after that we didn't have anything specific to do so I and two of my sisters decided to go on a walk and it was really beautiful. You can imagine it when you think of a road that goes for millions of miles straight into one direction and its surrounded by endless fields of corn and sometimes there are little farms and houses but the majority of the landscape isn't inhabited. We visited our  grandparents and talked a little bit before we went home.
Soon after that we welcomed guests again and it was really fun. We all ate together and played party games. On of them is called psychiatrist and it is so fun! If you don't know it, google it.. It is easy to understand and the only thing you need is people.
That was ma fabulous weekend. The last thing I wanted to tell you is the SRI test. That is a test we are doing every nine weeks and it controls how your reading abilities are.
We did it on our tablets and there were little excerpts of books and you had to answer a question about them by choosing a word that fits the best into an unfinished sentence. I didn't have trouble understanding the excerpts but I often didn't know the words we could choose. So in the end I got a score of 1271 and the best you can get is 1700. My teacher told me that is a good result but I want a better one because I spend so much time reading.
But yeah that was my day so far and now I am going back to reading till my viking success class is over. By the way my favorite class is now Intro to Communication because I just love taking pictures and I am kind of proud of my second photo assignment and we just got a third one and I can't wait to take pictures for that one.
Hope everyone is doing well in good old Germany

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen